PRAYER IS THE ANSWER TO EVERYTHING!

1 Timothy 2: "I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;"

This scripture is very inspiring to me! Its says that no matter who you are, no matter what you may have done, no matter how may times you may have messed up, you can still go to God in prayer. To me that in itself is encouraging when you are experiencing hard times. I don't know about you but sometimes I feel so unworthy of all the wonderful things that God does and/or has done for me, that I feel that I can't go to him with another request.

I have learned that this is the desire of the enemy, to make us feel like we can't commune with God. To remind us of all the times we have messed up, to make us feel disconnected from God. But reading this scripture it says "made for all men." Prayer is our most valuable asset! Being able to go to our Father and unload all that may be weighing us down. In Matthew 11:29, Jesus says "Take my yoke upon you and learn of me for I am meek and lowly in heart; and ye shall find rest unto your souls."

There are so may keys within this scripture for overcoming anything. The first word "take" tells us that Jesus is offering us a gift. Can you image our Saviour handing you a present wrapped up ever so beautifully, and saying "Here this is just for you." The gift he is offering us is his yoke, that which ties or binds him to the Father. What greater gift is there, besides the gift already given us; his life. Through this gift we shall receive rest unto our souls. How many of us don't want to truly rest? Rest that helps us to focus, be refreshed, and feel renewed.

We can achieve this gift by fellow shipping with our Father through Christ. By taking upon us his yoke and leaving with him all that is frustrating, irritating, aggravating, and hindering us. Honestly divulging our hopes, dreams, and desires to him. Asking him for direction and instruction for the enrichment of our lives through his Word and in his service.

God be merciful unto us, and bless us; and cause his face to shine upon us (Psalm 67:1)

Love, Hannah




Comments

Popular Posts